Your Listing Brings Customers
When your business has a complete listing—accurate and verified Google My Business listing—customers can find you easily, your listing engages interest, verification establishes trust. All of these factors combine to create positive brand equity and motivate action. .
WHAT DOES GO LOCAL ONLINE MEAN?
Going local online with your verified business page with accurate details means that the business is “known” in the Google “eco system.” From a customer perspective that means when they search the right information about the business is easily found on Google Search (particularly local search), … on Maps, and … on Google+.
The “becoming known ” by the search engine is achieved by ensuring the business has a complete Google My Business (GMB) listing with accurate and verified (by Google) information.
WHY ARE MAPS AND GOOGLE+ IMPORTANT?
More and more, people search businesses and look for information on the go with their mobile device. They are more likely to visit the business right then. That’s why being found on Maps is important.
Maps: verified business information appears in Maps, helping customers find directions to your business. They can also find contact info as well as ratings and reviews of your business. Right then, right there on their mobile device.
Google+: Brings the customer “close” to your business and to engage by sharing news and content, responding to feedback, and even engagement. These activities build a deeper and potentially lasting relationship with your business.
Google+ is a platform for customers to directly engage with the business e.g, leave reviews, comment on whatever the business has posted, and more. The business can showcase its products and services through photos and videos.
Based on Google's recent survey data,
- Local businesses get more customers if they are findable.
- Online presence helps businesses grow.
- Map sites/apps are very helpful to consumers, helps save time and prompt in store visits.
- Incomplete or incorrect listings drive consumers away.
Local businesses get more customers if they are findable.
- [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][clickToTweet tweet="4 out of 5 people use search to find local info like business hours and directions" quote="4 out of 5 people use search to find local info like business hours and directions"]
- 73% try to use a business that is closest to their location
- 2 in 3 consumers looked for local business information on map sites/apps
- of those looking, 90% found info on maps/apps…”
Online presence helps the business grow
Businesses that are online grow 40% faster than those that aren’t. (Google’s www.gybo.com)
Map sites/apps are very helpful to consumers, helps save time and prompt in store visits. because:
- 97% of those who used maps to gather information say maps helped them
- 70% saved time
- 41% prompted to visit a business/store in person
Incomplete or incorrect listings drive consumers away.
- 77% would continue looking after seeing incomplete listings
- 77% would avoid a business whose listing information turned out to be incorrect
- 65% would avoid a business with little to no information on the search engine results page… “
Take a Clue From The Numbers
Claim your business page, enter correct name, address, and phone number. Then enter pertinent information that people on mobile want to know, like your store hours.
False information about your business randomly selected from old data could place your business at an old address, list an out-of-date phone number, or show you closed when you are open for business.
Actation Now! Is here to help you with details. Get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE: +Google+ is undergoing changes and more will be known about this in August so this aspect of Google+ and "Going Local Online" will be covered subsequently - in a separate post.